EPISODE 50: FROM REAL HOUSEWIVES TO AUTISM ADVOCACY, JACQUELINE LAURITA DOES IT ALL
Hi, everyone! You are in for a special treat today. Today’s guest is none other than autism mom advocate extraordinaire and reality tv celebrity, Jacqueline Laurita. She was on Bravo TV’s “The Real Housewives of New Jersey” for seven seasons, and during this time her adorable son Nicholas received his autism diagnosis. She’s gonna share all about that, so stay tuned. You definitely don’t want to miss it.
Also, you may have seen, the My Autism Tribe podcast and nonprofit organization just recently celebrated our one-year birthday. That’s one year of successes, one year of challenges, and one year of getting to know each of you. Thank you for coming along on this journey with me, and for listening to this podcast! Your support means the world.
Jacqueline’s son Nicholas was diagnosed with autism in 2012 at the age of three, and since this time Jacqueline has become a leading advocate in campaigns for increasing autism awareness. She’s a female powerhouse with a mama bear’s love for her family. I’m so excited to introduce to you, Jacqueline Laurita.
Whether you are a regular on a TV reality show, a teacher, a service provider, a stay-at-home mom, ALL of our voices are absolutely necessary in spreading autism awareness and acceptance in our communities. Maybe your platform is social media, or being a part of your child’s PTA. Don’t be afraid to make your voice stronger. Thanks so much to Jacqueline for her time and willingness to share her family’s story with us, and thanks so much to you for listening. You are an amazing member of My Autism Tribe, and without you none of this would be possible. I’ll see ya next week!
QUESTIONS ANSWERED DURING PODCAST:
- Can you tell us more about the diagnosis story- who, what where when and how-
- What have been some of the biggest challenges you and your family have faced?
- Let’s talk about advocating and awareness- what recent work have you done that has helped with awareness?
- With all the many projects you have going on and caring for your family how do you like to unwind and relieve stress?
- What words of advice would you tell the person you were 10 years ago?
- Can you share a story of success in your journey?
- Tell us more about Simple Spectrum and why you’re so passionate about this company?
- Can you tell us more about your nutrition background and why you got into this?
- Why do you think Simple Spectrum is so different than most supplements out there?
- Can you tell us the difference that nutrition and supplements have made for you guys? Gluten free/ casein free diets?
- Do you miss being on the housewives? Any chance you will do it again?
- Can you tell us more about The Lookover Ladies podcast? How’s that been going?
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR JACQUELINE